Taking an alternative view of a landscape can reveal unexpected and visually interesting textures, shapes and stories In this case my view is from the air above the cemetery at Middlemarch, Central Otago.
The haunting beauty of this image speaks to the stories of humanity, individuality and the scarcity of land. There are portraits of human history and a close knit community but no living people.
The vertical format for this image was intentionally chosen as the beautiful mosaic shapes of the cemetery plots flow down into the rich red colour (staining caused by adjacent trees) and anchored the image at the bottom of the frame.
This image received a gold distinction award at the 2019 NZIPP Iris Professional Photography Awards, a silver award at the Australian APPA Awards and was selected as a finalist at the Central Otago Arts Gold Awards.
- Edition of 10
- Media: Archival photographic print on cotton rag fine art paper and printed using archival pigment inks
- Year of Creation: 2019, Central Otago, New Zealand
- Dimensions: 765 mm x 535mm (framed)
- Includes certificate of authenticity
- Custom framed in a white bevel frame
- Archival quality mat board in off white
- Includes conservation glass.
Interested in a copy of "Middlemarch Cemetery for your home? Click here for further details.