Limited Edition Print - Entangled Allium -The beauty of the mistake has been well documented in the world of visual art and I wanted to celebrate it with a mistake that happened in the garden at my back door.
I appreciated the distinctive shapes of these Allium (Leeks) when they were growing in the garden. In my minds eye, I could see an interesting image of these beautiful forms that were a mistake or an anomaly. I enjoy exploring when nature goes a little bit wrong and the art forms this can take.
I carefully harvested my subjects from the garden and spent some time photographing them on a white back ground and experimenting with all sorts of different arrangements. I could see their beauty but it was a challenge to translate my vision into realty.
In my world of photography so many of my favourite images have come from accidents, mistakes or things just not going to plan. It is just a matter of learning from them, having the vision to see the upside and very gradually gathering wisdom along the way.
This image was photographed by award winning photographer Janyne Fletcher FNZIPP.
Limited Edition Framed Print:
- Edition of 20
- Media: Archival photographic print on cotton rag fine art paper and printed using archival pigment inks
- Year of Creation: 2018, Central Otago, New Zealand
- Dimensions: 665mm x 1100mm x 42mm (framed)
- Includes certificate of authenticity
- Custom framed in a white box frame (45mm wide)
- Archival quality 8 ply mat board in white
- Includes conservation glass.
- Please note my watermark will be removed from purchased photographs!
Allow 2-2 1/2 weeks for processing. Shipping adds 2-3 working days. Please note that all orders are printed & framed once a customer has purchased & only a small amount of stock is held.
Questions?: Please contact Janyne here.